Terrible sleep. Seemed to wake up every hour or so with my mind squirming like a can full of maggots over nothing in particular. Angsty on the train too, one of those mornings where the newspaper was hard to read.

Work fine, however. Bits and pieces to do, but still nothing substantial. Enjoyed lunch in the local Thai with the French Bloke and got news about Max and the baby, who they have called Tahlia, which I think is an excellent name. I am going to meet Tahlia on Wednesday. Max taking it all in her stride apparently, and thinking about the next baby minutes after this one was born. Tahlia is born under a wandering star (as all good Sagittarians are) and has already spent a third of her life, the last ten days, on the road in the Winnebago.

Michel is having a dry January, so we had two large bottles of Perrier with our Thai soup and noodles and so on. Despite having a restrained festive period, I am feeling very jaded so I need little encouragement not to drink either.

Back to the office and a quick chat with a slightly-poorly, but very clever, MJ, who is applying for jobs in a frenzy. Also talked to her in the evening. She is a bit better but washed out. I wanted to take her tea and crumpets. But of course she is 3.5 thousand miles away.

Spoke also to Sophie. I will go with her to hear more Tibetan Buddhists speak this week. I was very interested to hear them last time. I also found -- which I find odd -- is that their deportment and bearing is something that keeps popping into my mind. There is something about their being in the world which is quite distinct, and reassuring.

At home, and I met Raimo from Rome tonight, who has done some work with Janet and Ken. Seems a very nice guy and happily he thinks he can sort out the medieval stuff going on in the bathroom. If he can, I will be very happy.

Relaxing writing this, drinking tea, smelling lavender from my aromatherapy oil burner, and listening to Brian Eno and Harold Budd.

Here is another photo I took yesterday of Brighton Pier looking somewhat drippy.

Comments