Managed to get up early, feeling somewhat nauseous on the early train into London. Worked on a strange new poem trying not to think about vomiting.

Arrived in time to go for a brainstorm with a charity client. As a warm up to the meeting we were invited to play a brisk table football tornament. Sometimes I think my job is quite cool. Then discussed the 1966 World Cup Final as part of the brief we were creating.

This made me remember watching it with my grandfather David in Guernsey. He was delighted that England won. The occupation ended in 1945 so this was 21 years later, but I still think he especially enjoyed seeing the Germans lose. He gave me a shandy to celebrate.

Compelled to work hard all day, and after hours a bit too until I hurried to the Blue Anchor to meet First Matie. She is a good friend and jolly good company. Enjoyed hearing about her trip back to the Forest of Dean and her Christmas. Really like the Blue Anchor on a winter night. We had a couple of cozy beers there before heading up to King Street for some Thai grub.

Home and snoozing on the train before calling my baby and bed.

Comments