A talk today at work by Marc Michaels, a Hebrew scribe. He gave an absorbing insight into his unbelievably painstaking craft and the tools of his trade, such as the oak apple ink, vellum, turkey quill pens and so on. We all had a go scribing on a worksheet afterwards. I think being a scribe would push me to the edge of sanity, but there you go.

I swam today. Need to get back in the habit. It was good, and I felt virtuous.

Email with Reuben and Katie today. A Copy Shop Reunion (CSR) is brewing.

After work I donned my suit and took part in a short film being made by Paul, a newish colleague in the creative department. I played the deathless part of a man awarding a cup and cheque to a crazy golf champion. I was flanked by Emma and Camilla who were playing my glamorous assistants. A bit amateurish, but fun nevertheless. And, as usual with any kind of filming, this took longer than estimated.

As I walked up to Hammermsith station with Emma and Camilla, Emma mentioned that her sister was playing Celtic Harp in the nearby Irish Centre at the launch of a photographer's exhibition. We three popped in to hear her, and have a glass of wine. There we enjoyed photographs, mostly of people making music, and talked to the photographer. Nice spontaneous fun, before heading off to Brighton.

A few chats with MJ today, and emails. She sent me some photos of her as a baby... She was an exceedingly cute-looking thing as you can see. Baby pictures make me feel odd. Like MJ's... A little unformed person looking out at the world, with a look that is still recognisable in her now. Amazing eyes.

Comments