Long sleep last night. Got on with things busily this morning.

At midday spoke to MJ and Weezer who were, in their charming accents, talking about going to something called the BOtanical gardens. Neptune menacing MJ as we spoke, muttering about fava beans despite him sporting the muzzle.

I am feeling exceedingly proud of MJ. She has had a difficult week and come through with flying colours.

That nice Weezer sent me a photo of the snowy conditions in Brooklyn, which you can see below.
Meanwhile on the European side of the Atlantic after fiddling about with poems this morning I went out this afternoon with Anton who is off to France tomorrow. Walked around Brighton and down by the sea and popped into book and record shops. We called into the Lion and Lobster for a couple of beers and intensive chats. Anton lecturing me that I should get a fishing rod and tackle to catch mackerel, which I'd mentioned when I moved here a year ago. Seeing the pub with fresh eyes, and noticing how all the walls are covered in paintings and objet d'art and how this can't be faked convincingly by chain pubs.

Meandered back to his place, via the Tin Drum. At Anton's place we ate Chinese food (Anton ordering enough for 4 people) and played Anton's Jam and Stranglers records. After some time I left him to pack. Anna & Baby Klauds being away and him having to get up at the crack of dawn.

Comments