Arrived fashionably late for work, but as there was nothing much to be done this morning it didn't get me in trouble. Buried the hatchet with Mandy, so things less fighty than I had imagined. Otherwise wrote a smidge for a utility company, and went out to buy a farm set which electronically moos, oinks and baas.

I also got a nice email from Joan with a photo of Canadian snowiness, contrasting nicely with the view from my new desk: pearly grey mist over the Thames. This a vast improvement on my last desk where I had two bald blokes to look at.

And talking of the foliclly challenged, spoke to Anton today, who was telling me about going to see Brighton Football Club play against Southampton. Apparently the Saints fans were singing "Does your boyfriend know you're out" as a reference to Brighton's Gay community. While the Brighton fans replied with "You're too ugly to be gay." Not been to a footie match for years, after a short spell of going to see Brentford (the bees) some years ago. Brighton are called the Seagulls, for obvious reasons.

Home and did ironing, which is a zen like activity, which is how Joan describes sock knitting. Then spoke to my Mary Jane before bed. She was sounding quite perky and has been busy applying for jobs.

Comments