Shook the lark awake, as I was working from home which meant no commute. Looked at a bit of a poem first thing, and then settled down to working on a newsletter, for work, about chronic pain. Is there a message in this I wonder?

I wants it... I succumbed to my unnatural desire for Anna's camera. I got an excellent deal for it on the internet. Mine is black and so is the tiniest bit cooler than Anna's silver one. Golluming over it today.

Meanwhile.... First Matie is copying me. She has a blog (copying). She is buying a new camera (copying). She is going to Guernsey this weekend (copying). I rest my case -- till tomorrow's CSR that is.

Remo came by at lunchtime, having checked the pipes in the toilet and got comfortable over a quick coffee and a long chat. Eventually I had to encourage him towards the door as I had work to do.

This afternoon I went to the hospital to talk to the consultant about the sensitive subject of chronic prostatitis, with two students peering at me over his shoulder. Nice guy, and we ended up discussing poetry, after he asked me what I did for a living - as I knew some of the medical jargon. He saying that being a doctor exposes you to all kinds of things worth writing about, if you had time to get it all down. Anyway, seemed to know what he was talking about and was hopeful I'd get it sorted, so I left fairly cheered.

Walked back along the sea as the clouds of starlings began to fill the sky by the pier, where they roost in the evening. Fortunately I had my precious with me. After this I popped into a toyshop (with freezing hands) walking past the jewellers I bought the engagement ring in, and got involved in a lengthy Thomas the Tank Engine conversation.

The day peppered with conversations with MJ of course. She is a cheeky monkey and I love her.

Comments

Kate said…
Imitation remains the sincerest form of flattery. I suggest a duel tonight to settle the matter. Cameras at 50 paces. May the best photographer win. Victoria 6.30?
Peter Kenny said…
First Matie's will of course be a notional camera whereas mine will be to hand, what with her copying me and everything.