Windy today and enjoyed a brisk and breezy walk along the river at lunch. Pitch work coming to a conclusion too which is a relief. My positive thinking regime is working well for me. I am now definitely enjoying work more than I have done all year.

Today MJ taught me a song called "Mr Turkey" sung to the tune of Frère Jacques which is to be sung at Thanksgiving (apparently an American celebration of how large birds were first bludgeoned in New England in 1620) and involves jawlike snappings of the hands. I look forward to vigorously participating in this one day soon.

First Matie has started a blog. It is called Shiver me timbers and as our paths cross quite frequently it could be interesting to read her take on the same events.

After work saw Simon, currently eluding a stay in the Tower of London over his dispute with Prince Charles and other local worthies about his plan to have a wind generator on his land. Someone put a sign on his land which said "No Wind generators" and Simon replaced "generators" with "bags" to gall the locals. Excellent to see him, having a laugh about student days and talk about lively developments. He plans to buy a new property by a loch.

He was a fresh victim for me to talk about MJ to. (They are astral twins being born on the same day and year.) We ended up having a downmarket curry and sitting next to a brace of friendly and upmarket Californians, one of whom was a pathologist who had returned to the restaurant for sentimental reasons.

Snoozing on the train after Simon baled out at Clapham, then messaging my MJ, and then bed.

Comments