Felt very cheerful and optimistic today. And a joke I told yesterday in the all-day-meeting gained some currency.

We were asked to think about something that obsesses us, and few were invited to share their obsessions with the floor, which tended to be things like football teams, rugby, and holidays. I said that for me it was silence, "and here's one of my favourites". I then looked at everyone hard for a while before carrying on with an explanation.

Turns out the joke had a life of its own, and the hallowed board meeting the next day was opened with a mention of silence. Also led to my chairman and me having a long chat and him printing off my A little quiet time story and showing me some of his drawings.

Mike and me are doing some tiresome work at the moment necessitating a slope off to another agency in Paddington. A meeting, and some chat before I was forced to abandon Mike there as I couldn't bear it. Arf arf.

The agency had a small Oktoberfest in the evening. There was an oompah band of three blokes from Yorkshire standing about in lederhosen, and beer being served in large steins. And couple of manly heart to hearts with the Chairman and other chaps. All good fun.

Eventually I dragged myself away and what felt like an interminable journey to Brighton. Once at home I cleverly sat up till 2.00am messaging my MJ.

Comments