Left work on Saturday and travelled up to Edgware to see Mum and Mason. Feeling pretty tired but had a very good time there. Mase excelled himself cooking nice Thai style food as Mum and me had a brace of G&Ts.

Mum has been knitting socks with bamboo needles. I will append a picture of one of the socks which is scientifically engineered and has many colours.

Mum and Mason also gave me a wealth of socks as a very welcome present. But this had me again pondering socks. If there is one item of clothing that can reduce me to a rage it is socks. Where do they go? You put them in the washing machine. You take them out and dry them all within your own house and yet I would estimate that some 12 of them have disappeared this year alone. But never in pairs.

Slept deeply and soundly on Saturday night, and had breakfast. Over breakfast Mum posited a theory about how some people were louder than others because like certain dinosaurs they have chambers in their head which resonate, allowing them to unnaturally project their soundwaves. Mason also gave me a colourful account of the Great Toronto Sikh caper.

Journey home carrying my money plant which Mum has been looking after since January. I love this plant which I grew from a single leaf about 14 years ago. Went via Blackfriars bridge and enjoyed crossing it and glancing downriver at Tower Bridge, Tate Modern and the Gherkin.

Anna called me today as I was on the train to invite me for Sunday Dinner. I readily accepted and we enjoyed a lovely roast chicken meal. Meanwhile baby Klauds outdoing herself with being totally adorable. I took my shoes off at one point and she marched about the place in them for about half an hour.

Anna showed me scans of the new baby. Amazing how the jawbone is already formed and how you can see a profile. Anna's pregnancy is very different this time, so I think they both think it will be a boy.

Baby Klauds and Anna retired and Anton and me played a few records and then repaired to the Tin Drum and The Eddy, discussing The Silmarillion which he is listening to on his ipod, and what should be the subject of my next novel.

Comments