Little news: Halloween but I was unhaunted.

Quite a quiet day at work, which was welcome. This gave me the opportunity to slip out at lunchtime for an enjoyable swim. In the evening met the old Dell crew Ash, Phil, Arno, Emma, James and Marcella in Soho. Queen Paula missing however through illness. We met in the Crown and Two Chairmen, and then went to the usual curry house. Left early but had another poor journey home.

Reading Lamia this morning which I can't remember reading before. As ever Keats' descriptions resonate... Found myself loving this, which had me imagining reflections in marble:
While yet he spake they had arrived before
A pillar'd porch, with lofty portal door
Where hung a sliver lamp, whose phosphor glow
Reflected in the slabbed steps below,
Mild as a star in water...

Comments