I had a really nice day today. Spent the morning doing bits of writing, and enjoyed pottering about at home. I talked to MJ first thing who had been a bit down in the dumps, but soon got in back in touch with her inner cheekiness.

Best thing was going to the jewellers and seeing MJ's new diamond which is exceedingly sparkly. The jeweller said he was going to put lots of work in it to make it even more lively. What was potentially a difficult situation has resolved itself in a spirit of friendship. In fact I was in there for a good twenty minutes chatting. Turns out he is Hungarian, and he escaped with his father during the failed revolution leaving the mother behind in Hungary, who he then didn't see for years. His sales colleague (and clearly good friend) is Swiss. She had a similar situation to the one faced by MJ now. Lots of chat and left on good terms with me picking the diamond up shortly. I will safeguard it by sporting it as a blinging nose ring till MJ gets her marmoset hands on it again.

Called MJ again as I was getting two lungfuls of the seabreeze then did food shopping out and about in Brighton. Bought some miso soup tofu etc. I wonder if sumo wrestlers drink miso soup?

Home and spoke to Janet for some time. And will see her at some point next week. I have also to write 3rd December in my diary as it is Ken's 75th birthday party.

Later called by MJ and Weezer who were reading a book on English manners aloud to each other in great amusement. My case however not helped by the fact some morris dancers coincidentally appeared on the TV in Brooklyn waving their hankies at the same time. Was compelled to write to Johanna Pie to explain that the book she had sent, clearly intended for quiet self-instruction, was being abused.

Spoke too to Anton who is returned with a cold having had a very successful trip to NYC.

Comments