Late into work where the Bees reigned again. Feeling end-of-pitch-ish and prone to hysteria which give way to tiredness. Today's post on the agency intranet was this:

Dear Noticeboard

Still broodin' about bees. Wonder if you can help?

(When I refer to bees, of course I mean
Apis mellifera or the common honey bee, not filthy and depraved bumble bees such as Bombus subterraneus or Bombus ruderatu.)

Anyway. Does anybody know if London Wasps RFC, now based at Causeway Stadium High Wycombe, has a bee team?

I need to know.

Buzz buzz!

Large regards

Peter

PS: Thank you to the people who pointed out that Hepatitis b was actually a medical condition and not a dangerous insect. Imagine how stupid I felt!
In short I was in a fairly absurd mood. I looked out of the window and saw half a dozen parakeets flying by the building -- there are a few exotic colonies of them in west London -- as I have noted before on this blog. I pointed at the window shouting parakeets! but not one soul believed me, and all refused to look.

After work met First Matie in the Blue Anchor and had a quiet chat as the sun set. I had imagined we were going to sit in the sun, as it was one of the hottest days on record for this time of the year, but the sun had other ideas. Anyway, First Matie and MJ are mates, a word that MJ likes to pronounce in a strangled "English" way, but they both seem to be tight-lipped about what they are talking about.

Then Kate and me off to the Thatched House where we met Matty Boy, Taranjit and Craigy. Matty and me had a repast of minty lamburger, chips and a tasty salad, while the others looked on with saliva leaking from their mouths. Very loud tonight in the Thatched House so none of us heard a word of what the others were saying. We shouted bee jokes at each other such as What do you call a bee with an Afro? A frisbee! etc. Matty having a complicated one about musical bees living in a bee flat. He also told us about going out with a woman who had a facial tic, which put him off as she was winking at him at odd times.

The Seagull's insistent yarping forced me to journey home and drop to sleep on the train. Talked to my beloved MJ before creeping gratefully into bed. MJ explained that I had misrepresented her, and that the 11:11 stuff was not about UFOs, that in reality it was about angels.

Comments

Kate said…
Dur. We were in the Stonemason's.