A wonderful day in poetryland

Very exciting news for me, as I dipped into my spam file and found a gobsmacking note from Gregory in New York accepting all 24 poems of my poetry sequence Sin Cycle to be published by e ratio. Rather chuffed at this, to say the least. With very little poetry action this year, I thought my bardic days were behind me, but apparently one astute and independently minded editor in NYC thinks not. I really like Sin Cycle, but have not found anyone willing to take it on here. As its name suggests Sin Cycle is a bit sweaty, nasty, funny in parts, has fictional elements and is dealing with a version of masculinity not in tune with these sheepish, risk-averse times in publishing. Wrote to Robin, whose birthday it was today, and Sarah and Charlotte to thank them again for their help with this MS.

Otherwise, Lorraine went into to work this morning, and spent a few hours with Beth having treatments in the health club. I tidied up my desk, literally and metaphorically, then mooched down to the gym, and had a workout, then everything sorted out with my work stuff, we made ready to head norf tomorrow. Even had a bit of a home curry to celebrate our imminent northern trip, my luck as a poet, and so on.

A happy day for me.

Comments