A monster night out

Halloween. Lorraine and I off to town to buy a few bits and pieces, such as a frying pan, and music centre as we'd not had anything decent to play music on for ages. My French clients had paid me, so I was rather cheery.

This done, the rest of the afternoon given to preparations for our night out to celebrate Halloween and  Dawn's birthday, which happened when we were in Guernsey. Beth putting lots of effort into making us all up. She did me first, so I was able to spend a while pulling depraved faces (see below) as Beth and Lorraine, plus John and Rosie got ready. Beth was a zombie pirate wench, John a zombie hillbilly, Lorraine a sort of bride of Frankenstein and Rosie a kind of sexy demon with several cuts.

Lorraine, John and I off in a cab to the Brunswick where we were the first monsters to arrive. Luckily we were soon joined by various zombies, vampires, ghouls, devils, evil clowns, people with scars and stitched faces and so on. And friends, Dawn and Ellie were zombie cheerleaders, Dawn brought a couple of her pals, Elaine and Carole, and Mark and Jane arrived later.

The band were were hugely enjoyable, The South Coast Soul Review who we'd seen before. The crowd was at least half composed of monsters of various sorts, and the band with skeleton clothes, one with an axe in his head, another with a knife through his, and and so on. A great night where everyone was dancing and having fun.

Afterwards, Beth, John Lorraine and I lurched out of the Brunswick, and found ourselves buying burgers at midnight. Home in a cab and munching them late at night.

Below me and Lorraine; me pulling monster faces, Lorraine adjusting Rosie's horns, John being made up, John and Beth.








Comments