Touchdown

Barely slept on the seven hour journey. Dropped off for a few minutes here and there, but nothing sustained. Started to watch movies, Pitch Perfect 2 which was ruined by the Airline's censor and the Grand Budapest Hotel, which I fell asleep in for the second time. I have yet to finish it, but it looks a great movie.

Unpleasant turbulence from the lower islands of Greece up to the dalmatian coast but then it settled down over Northern Europe. Despite this I shunned diazepam for the whole trip back from Chad. A rather fast bumpy landing too, but we were home. Dragged ourselves through the corridors through passport control and then at baggage I claimed my bags and rushed off to find Lorraine who was waiting outside for me.

Fantastic to be with Lorraine again. I'd missed her really badly. I was so lucky she took the morning off to collect me, and we arrived home quickly, calling Mum from the car to assure her of my persistent existence.

Home and the simple pleasure of a cup of tea and then a shower, and then thank goodness I dove into bed eventually sleeping for a couple of hours or so. Woke early afternoon, and replied to some urgent emails.

In the evening Lorraine and I went down the hill to The Shahi were we met Beth and John. Feeling a bit of a zombie, but delighted to be home and see everyone.

Then strolled up the hill in the fresh October air and soon I was full of yawns on the sofa and heading for bed. Oh joy.

Below the chaps at Heathrow Pete ; Matt, Brad and Steve.






Comments