Meetings and muses

Up with the keener avian fraternity this morning, and off after Lorraine had very kindly ironed a shirt for me at six nasty in the morning. Working in the train and to Chiswick where I met Matty and had a most of the day meeting with two of our nice clients about the work we'll do based on the Chad trip. Nice to be working in Chiswick, I can see where I used to live in my less than happy year before moving down to Brighton. But coming back again regularly is beginning to make me feel nice about the place again. I spent many years living in Chiswick.

After the meetings a quick beer in the Tabard with Matt discussing various subjects before leaving for  Brighton. Home briefly before going out with Lorraine to the Red Roaster Cafe to see Sarah Barnsley read. We were very early so found a little pub that served cocktails at your table, called the Plotting Parlour, which we liked a lot. It was like a mini-date.

A reasonable Pighog night. I read in an open slot. I did Someone-else's Patch again from memory, simply because it was easier, and it is set around this time of year.  Incredibly nervous doing it for some reason, but it went well. The first of the two main poets, a former ad man not my cup of bisto but Sarah read very well. And it was nice to see Stephen Bone, John McCullough, Sarah's wife Louise and meet some people our table who knew Sarah and Louise,  Liz and Keith who weren't together.

Home after waiting at a bus stop, when the 'due' bus disappears, so we were forced to get a taxi. A long day.

Below me havin' it, the lovely Stephen Bone, Sarah Barnsley and Louise Tondeur.









Comments