Sadness and gratitude

Heard from Lorraine that Jo had died this morning. I only met her three or four times, including on her low-key wedding reception last November, but she was generous, friendly and without a shred of self-pity. Lorraine naturally upset by the death of her friend.

Otherwise another low key day. Still in recovery mode, and I did not need extra sleep today, which is a distinct improvement. French clients have decided not to give me feedback till next week, and beyond a few bits about The Great Chad Adventure not too much that was urgent. Enjoyed cooking a noodly miso soup for Betty and I for lunch (who has come round to the dark side and correctly appreciates fish fingers as an appropriate side dish).

In the evening going out for a stroll in the park with Lorraine around sunset to talk. I felt very lucky to be able to take a walk in the park with my wife and enjoy the bats flitting about over our heads as the clear sky darkened, and to return home to sip sparkling water on the gold sofa.

Comments