Scripting

Spent the day writing TV scripts for trip to Chad, based around the hunger gap. I'd heard this phrase a lot without really understanding what it meant. It means that the amount of food people can harvest is not enough to see them through to the next harvest. Therefore there is a gap. In practice people eke out what they have, which amounts to a slow starvation. An odd business sitting in my office in Brighton trying to figure out ways of dramatizing this for a TV audience, and thinking about the shots that might be had out there. Apparently we are taking a drone, which is making me think about some amazing aerial shots.

Reading St Matthew's gospel, putting myself into the headspace of our clients. And I started doing the duolingo French thing recently, as Toby and mum had both been doing it. Like how owls get disappointed with you if you don't do your daily lesson. I am quite enjoying it. I am a good deal worse at French than I had imagined. But it's good to start learning it again in daily, ten-minute bursts.

Meanwhile in Guernsey Edward Chaney's book Genius Friend, that Jane has been a researcher on, is being launched. Richard and Jane went there, to see Edward, interviewed by JKT as part of the Literary Festival. I wish I'd been there.

Comments