A sudden wussiness

Up to London this afternoon, after working for my French amis, up to Chiswick to meet with the cheery Stephen and Matty boy to discuss the Christian charity and The Great Chad Adventure. Good to have some firmer details about this trip and very happy to learn that Matty is coming too, and I'll have a good friend with me. Also the trip will now last ten days not two weeks, we will be staying in hotels and there is a timetable of events, and a built-in recovery and acclimatisation day after we arrive. Curiosity and excitement over this trip are beginning to win out now that I know more. Then down to Strand on the Green for a cheery gathering of folks attached to the new agency in the City Barge. Some nice people and it was good to see First Matie again, who was looking very well, and see the little firecracker Yas and her excellent husband Tim.

By now, however, I was feeling weirdly hot and decidedly wussy. I heard the call of the seagull, and left. By the time I reached Clapham Junction I managed to make everything worse by running up some stairs. Sitting on a bench, sweating, feeling shaky with a racing pulse and to cap it all having been to the gym twice in the previous days, my left pectoral muscle chose that moment to start cramping. Phoned Lorraine who calmed me down and despite my twitching made worse by an abominable busker playing right next to me on the train for what seemed an eternity, but in reality was only 15 minutes, I made it back to Brighton safely.

Lorraine collected me from the station and once home I felt much perkier after a large glass of water and the soothing company of my wife, and John and Betty. To bed.

Comments