Greetings from the Dalai Lama

Doing some more work for my French clients this morning, radio adverts about the plight of Balkan dogs. Then off for a walk up to the top of the nearby hill, looking down on Brighton and the big pointless pole of the i360. Everything has to be an iSomething these days.

Then more of Lorraine's ghastly form, before taking myself off for jabs. Had a typhoid, a diphtheria polio and tetanus, and an MMR. Three jabs. I'm okay with jabs but the typhoid quite ouchy. The nurse very good, and sprang at me with a surprising wild speed and I was done in no time. Still a bit of discussion to be had about Chad, and assurances to be sought. However if it is green-lighted, I will have to have a yellow fever jab privately as well as malaria pills before we set off.

Home to sit with Lorraine a bit more for the dreaded form, then scarfed down some food and made off for the poetry meeting. Arrived late, bought a pint and headed into the room only to realise that the meeting was in fact next Monday. Sat with my pint and glanced at my iPhone. A message from Richard entitled Karma and the matter of Snails "Word has reached the all seeing ear of the Great Man that a ghastly crime has been committed and he sends you this message. (See attached photograph)."













Walked home in the windy night pondering this missive, and as I passed under the viaduct it looked momentarily wonderful with the clouds racing ominously across the sky.

Home to Lorraine and Betty. Lorraine cheery having at last finished the draft of the hideous form, and I drank a glass of wine in celebration before retiring.

Under the viaduct, the big pointless pole of the i360, just visible in the murk.


Comments