Lunch in Ashford

Much improved this morning, so much so that I went with Lorraine to visit Pat and Maureen in Ashford. A quick trip to The Blacksmiths Arms where we had a nice Sunday Roast. A nice old fashioned feel in there with the dried hops (for this is Kent) hanging from the walls, and bunches of burly balding  blokes drinking a Sunday lunchtime pint, and lots of tables with folks forking down their lunches. They know Pat and Maureen there, and were pleasant and speedy in their service.

Talking to Pat about The Great Chad Adventure, and he said he had spent three months in Libya, the country to the north, which puts a mere ten days in perspective.

Then back to sit in the garden for it was a sunny day, where there was a certain amount of hat play. before sitting on the sofa where Lorraine showed them some photos from Greece and Whitby. Maureen has just started thinking about Christmas shopping, and asked me what I wanted. I said a willie warmer, and a certain amount of ribaldry ensued, till Maureen told me to stop tiddling about, which had Lorraine laughing lots. Brief chats with a shirtless, highly-tattooed, Pete too.

Home exceptionally quickly. I felt pretty tired by the time we got home, but found the strength to watch Iron Man 2 on TV which wasn't quite a bad as I'd thought it would be. An interlude where Lorraine and I went out to collect Betty who was walking through the dark park having worked at a two day music festival.

 Below Maureen, Lorraine and Pat on the sofa.

Comments