Stood up

In horny-handed son of the soil hat on, I was pleased with the rain that fell all night and for quite a bit of the day too. The garden looking lovely this evening, with everything standing to attention.

Feeling a bit sluggish today, and struggling to get work done. Wasted time this afternoon in my preparation to go to a writer's group and talk about advertising and poetry in Lewes.

Made off to the appointed place, a pleasant pub in Lewes I'd been to once before called The Dorset and waited for everyone to turn up. None did, and a the nice folks behind the bar had no knowledge of the meeting. Nursed my pint of Harvey's for a bit (it seemed rude not to drink it as the brewery is a little more than a stone's throw away). Made my way home again after a bit and received an email saying I had been emailed about it. I hadn't. So rather a waste of time. But I'd quite enjoyed a little trip there and my pint, and the organiser Gilly was apologetic.

Home, and a quiet evening in with Lorraine.

Below: a couple of snaps at Lewes station. Gorgeous light.



Comments