Stanzas and squids

Up fairly early for a Saturday and off to Lewes where I called around on Robin, who drove us off to Riverhill Himalayan Gardens near Sevenoaks. It was a chance to have a long gossip with Robin about all manner of things related to Telltale and poetry in general. Seeing Richard last week, and working with Robin is definitely good for me. It is so easy to feel a bit crazy scribing away on poems to an indifferent world. At least there are other people who are doing it too. For an account of the Riverhill business go here. Enjoyable day in a self-styled Himalayan garden, very nice place, which included a Yeti. I also got the start of a half decent poem from it too.

Robin gave me a lift back to Lewes and I was home in a trice, sitting in the back garden with Lorraine who had just stopped work having been manacled to her desk while I was away. We had a good evening however. Lorraine and I off to a place called The Urchin in Hove, which was a nice-enough boozer selling seafood and craft beers. Friendly staff and the food not bad and a squid starter particularly delicious.  Anton was already there when we met. We were wearing very similar clothes for some reason. Anton telling us about his trip to see Mari in the Chicago, not least the ghastly delays getting across the pond. Then Rosie arrived for the Urchin was her discovery, and John and Betty arrived a bit later too. I seemed to have a thirst for beer, moules and fries tonight. All good. Home in a cab with Betty and John, and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Comments