Pitch day

Up early in Stanmore and downstairs for a bleary eyed bagel and toast with Mum and Mas. Hadn't slept particularly well as I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the pitch and various other matters. Walked to Stanmore chatting with Lorraine on my phone, then to office in Turnham Green, and then out to meet a local printer to look at the proofs for the adcepts we would be showing later. A purposeful and reasonably calm morning as we readied for the pitch, Yas and I rehearsing our double act for the creative presentation before joining the others for a few sandwiches and a run through.

Bundling into the car, occasionally noisy with pre-pitch hysterial laughter and off to our potential client. I really like pitching. A wait in reception where I wasn't alone in feeling twitchy but Betty sent me a picture of Calliope looking weird, which prompted Matt to bring up a picture of his bizarre Gremlin who can out weird any cat I know.

Then pitch itself. Everyone in our team did excellently, Steven making everyone laugh and creating excellent rapport. Matt absolutely bankable, and one of our potential clients being moved to tears by one of the executions Yas and I presented which is always a good sign. and afterwards we chatted, we all came away feeling we'd love to work with that client. We were told that the creative work was the best they'd seen, so let's hope the other stuff stacks up for them.

A cheery car ride to Kew afterwards talking to April on the phone, to the pub in the station that I knew very well when I lived there. A quick couple of drinks though Yas of course on apple juice, Stephen, Matt and I in need of something a little stronger. Fond farewells with everyone, and back home to Brighton. A delicious meal awaiting and chats with Lorraine and Beth, whose audition this morning hadn't gone to plan and was home early. A creative life has its challenges.

Comments