Chick in the sunset

Lorraine up early this morning, and I got up too. Feeling a bit tired after the previous day's shenanigans. Still I had a sense that I'd had an interesting week. Gilly Smith who I'd met on Wednesday night invited to me to come to talk to her writer's group in Lewes about poetry and advertising next Monday for a small fee. An interesting opportunity to meet some new writers, and learn something back. As the I Ching says, it furthers one to do something. Sat in the back garden working for a while which was nice. Lorraine working this afternoon from home. I simply had the luxury of a late afternoon nap.

Spoke to Matty boy and I am up to London next week for an all day session with the folks we successfully pitched to. Looking forward to that. Also spoke to First Matie who is on her way down.

Off to Sainsburys then collected Beth and sat outside in the garden scoffing the trout that Lorraine had stuffed with parsley and almonds which we ate with salad and Jersey new potatoes, and a glass of white wine. Lorraine and I with a sense of how lucky it is to be able to sit in our little garden with bees biffing around in the flowers, and the cats sprawling about on the decking. And us watching the gull chicks on the nearby roof.  Beth excited as she is off on holiday tomorrow. Lorraine delighted to have reached Friday, and I was just happy with the week and looking forward to the weekend.

Below a gull chick on a roof with its fluffy coat in the sunset.



Comments