Making music

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Grumpily got on with kindle-readying the marketing stuff, and sending some more words to Helen.

Mood a little better, in the afternoon I made off to Helen's place on the bus, which went down along the seafront again. Lots of folks on the beach lapping up the sun that arrived this afternoon.

Helen and I working on what can now only be described as an Opera. She played me the first 12 or so minutes of the first section on Sibelius, and it sounded very good, organically whole and effortless. I was very impressed. Another section, which is a Love duet is done too and a similar length, and Helen has other sketches and bits. Then we had a lengthy discussion about content of the next section, and of pre-Socratic philosopher Parmenides whose thinking Helen is rather keen to bring into proceedings. My challenge is to do so in a stabby, fighty, passionately operatic way.

I walked home to find Lorraine at home. Feeling irritable about the plight of The Shakesepeare Heptet I wrote a piece on my notebook blog for what it's worth. I even picked up my own guitar for over ten minutes of twangy fun for the first time in months. My playing is rusty.

Brief through from the French folks. After Lorraine and I had pottered in the garden, and watered it throughly and even drank a small G&T in it, I cooked spaghetti for supper. Betty arrived having chaperoned a child actress to Salisbury and back. All well.

Below being a little early in Hove I popped into The Mad Hatter for a cup of coffee. Remembering that Adrian Turner has been taking photos of coffee cups lately, but I copied him as I kept thinking of the tea garden at Icart Point.






Comments