Unexpected cuddling

Up shortly after Lorraine this morning, and on with the day picking up the threads from a couple of weeks ago. I also went for a brisk walk for about an hour or so. Being back in Guernsey has reminded me of the outside world. In fact in the afternoon I took my laptop outside and sat under the lilac tree, still managing to get reception from the wifi. Lots of stuff going on in a garden if you simply sit quietly for long enough. The cats sitting either side of my feet. Then an interesting stand off. Brian went onto a wall right next to me, and on the other side of it was a small fox. Brian stared it down in a surprising show of toughness.

Not that I did much, and I found myself a bit devoid of inspiration and in need of a down day. Beth off this afternoon teaching, an when she returned we sat about in the garden noticing stuff like an enormous green beetle, a ball of tiny yellow spiders and so on not to mention the various flowers, plants etc.

Lorraine home and all three of us in a kitchen frenzy: a salad made with orzo pasta, which I started and Beth finished. Rather delicious, plus Lorraine was cooking honey buns and chocolate brownies for a meeting tomorrow. Delicious once sampled.

An amusing phone call from Maureen who was having trouble with her iPad. It was playing music at her, and the screen was disconcertingly displaying 'two naked men, one cuddling the other round the waist'.

It was difficult for Maureen to hear Beth's instructions at first because the music. Eventually, with Beth's guidance, the volume control was found it was then a detective job working out what needed to be done.

It turns out the U2 album which is automatically downloaded to everyone with iTunes had mysteriously started playing and showing Maureen its cover. Rather a fabulous dialogue going on while this being resolved however. And Lorraine snickering as Beth sorted it out. Finished the evening by watching Bridesmaids, a film I find rather funny.

One of our clematis flowers.


Comments