Zen beans

Living in a pocket of rain, for just a wee bit up the hill from the Old Church Hall snow had settled. L and I went for a drive today along the slushy roads to pick up wine for the concert next week. The Downs were snowy and whiting out in the distance. Rather beautiful.

Feeling much improved today, less achy and with a good deal more energy. Lorraine doing some steady work. Calliope chasing the other two cats out of boredom, and I made a very successful beanjar. The Zen task of honing the perfect ingredients continues: today I cooked it with pork, fresh parsley, onions, carrot, haricot and butter beans, but also to provide depth of taste: small amounts of garlic, tomato puree, cumin, black pepper, mustard powder,dried sage, fresh bay leaf, mixed herbs and turmeric. One day I will cook the perfect bean jar. It is my life's work and destiny.

Watched The Time Traveler's Wife on TV tonight. Not a bad film of a very enjoyable book.

A piece about Matt and I on the Brighton Argus website here.

Comments