A trapped bird

A cup of tea in bed this morning, as Lorraine had been driven across town to my bed by invading ants. Up and working early. Appalled by Calliope who crept in behind me into my study, to release a bird. It then flew at the window and Calliope sprang after it before I'd even had a chance to put my cup down. Much roaring at the cat, and ferreting out the sparrow which had found a tiny niche next to my paper reams. Managed to tip the poor thing out onto my window ledge where it hopped about and flew off, apparently not too much the worse for wear. There is something really disturbing about having a bird in your room. Calliope in disgrace afterwards, but was more resentful than contrite, and was later climbing in the airing cupboard: a forbidden zone so was in trouble again. Forced to get a ladder to remove her. Relations were cool in the afternoon.

Ant updates from Lorraine today: she has been murdering them. Otherwise a quiet day for me. Pressed on with a few bits of admin and working on Betty the Spacegirl, which seems to be like pulling hen's teeth, but I think it is going to be funny. Working on poems too. Been feeling obscurely anxious and full-moonish. These new poems go into some difficult areas, and Lorraine pointed out that these two things may be connected. She is good at pointing out things that are entirely invisible to me.

Comments