A Kentish interlude

Off today to Ashford in Kent by train to see Pat and Maureen, Lorraine's parents. Nice journey reading the paper and looking over the landscapes as the train headed into Kent. Picked up by Pat who took us home, and Maureen had cooked us a big roast dinner.

Spent much of the afternoon, watching Wimbledon. Suddenly found myself drawn into it for the first time in years. Enjoyed Novak Djokovic V Marcos Baghdatis, especially when the robotic Djokovic destroyed his racquet by hammering it repeatedly into the court. An enjoyable incident which I wished I was watching with my brother. Enjoyably relaxed day, as I was rather tired by the week. Enjoyed being briefly in the garden, Pat showing us his beans and strawberries and so on as, at last, the summer sun re-emerged.

Journey home seemed long. The carriage was freezing due to over-enthusiastic air conditioning. And Brighton cold and full of sea mist when we arrived. My boiler refused to spark up much to my irritation. Lorraine and I watching TV from Glastonbury Festival, and seeing a rapper called Big Boi we noticed Tarik from the Marlborough Theatre in one of the shots. Janelle Monae featured too. She is going to be a global superstar. Watch this video which I loved as soon as it came out last year.

And so to bed.

Comments