Machines of Loving Grace

Rather trepidatious about my computer this morning. But whatever I'd done yesterday seems to have done the trick. As it is online, and running much better, which is a huge relief. I rely so much on my computer these days. I'd be lost without one.

Watched recently the first two episodes of fantastic documentary series 'All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace' by Adam Curtis on BBC2, which is a series of films about how humans have been colonised by the machines we have built. Can't stop thinking about the questions it raises. Have started noticing how things like facebook are actually a way for people turn themselves into data for example. If you get a chance to see these films, you should. The title is taken from this poem by Richard Brautigan which is good and new to me.

On with things today. Betty the Spacegirl mainly and some poetry. Also a long chat with Janet, followed by going collect Mum's artwork from Janet and Ken's place with Lorraine in her car. Janet worried about Rachel, Ken's daughter who stayed with them lately and is unwell. Otherwise an overdue trip to the gym, and a rigorous regime of food and water, as I am porking out again.

Comments