Dark ambience on the longest day

Interesting start to the day as I was sent a note by Marc Broudie who wanted to share his CD, and sent me a link to download from. It is called Medicine and is a genre called Dark Ambient. It sounded like a nightmarish version of Brian Eno mixed with David Lynch soundscapes. A good, if unsettling, way to start the day.

Also pondering the advice given me by Joan about cat politics, she thinks Calliope will be dominant when put together with Brian and Basil. Later chastised (or should that be 'chat'sised?) by Jane for feeding Calliope prawns for breakfast. Jane and Richard now recovering from a ghastly lung lurgy.

Pressed on with a newsletter about a conference to do with haemophilia during the day. Nothing much to report there, but it is work, and I am very pleased to have it. Managed to slip off to the gym at noon.

Spoke to Di Turner about photography, and in the evening met up with Steve, Richard, Glen and Claudius to drink some beer and discuss various projects. Richard handed me a CD with some new Shakespeare's Trio songs. Last week he had done the same to the other guys, and Glen had left his copy in the pub. When Glen and Richard arrived the stray CD was being quietly played by the landlord much to their bemusement. I am talking to Richard about releasing his CD on the same label that Matt and I will create to release ours, which makes marketing sense for us both. Jolly good to see these guys, all of whom I really like.

Below a nice pic of Romy's knees and baby Ewan, who is going to be tall, sent to me by Joan.

Comments