Poems and virtue

Seem to have poems pouring out of me at the moment. As to whether they are good or not is a completely other thing. Though I am also hacking into older poems that have been half finished for ages and simply finishing them. Also reading the poems of Akhmatova today for an hour or so. Some lovely work, and a major poet who to my shame I have not really got to grips with, beautifully translated by Richard McKane.

Otherwise a sluggish day, which even another trip to the gym did not fix. Arrangements flying about for a big get together in Brighton this weekend. Spoke to Anton today just after I had left the gym, on the important matter of calculating how many words could be formed from his own name without changing the order of the letters. A, an, ant, to, ton, tong, tonga, gal, etc. there are more if you include his middle name. I can't remember what that is as I type, but it's probably something like Adolf. Apparently my name was poor for this kind of thing, which in an obscure way reflected badly on me.

Long chats with Matt, who is starting to rehearse the choir today who will sing on our CD. Yikes... Things are all starting.

Another virtuous day of sipping water and teas and eating veggies.

Comments