Swings and roundabouts

Finally the summer returned with a beautiful hot day. I woke up conscious next week is a big one for me. Once up though, my desktop computer did not start this morning with what appears to be a terminally doomed hard disk. Immensely depressed by this. Thank God though that I recently did a massive back up. However will have lost everything I have been working on for the last couple of weeks, and God knows how long this is going to take to sort out.

Off to Lorraine's to, as Lorraine put it grimly, fill some ant holes. I briefly envisaged thousands of microscopic operation but I soon found myself up a ladder plugging two tiny holes from which ants are entering Lorraine's house. Lorraine not too happy with these ants and inflicting death on them at every opportunity.

Anna and Anton and the bairns came by and we went to Preston Park, looked in the pond for newts and fish, had ice lollys and sat chatting in the packed playground. I was called upon to push both Klaudia and Oskar on rubber tyre swings. Klaudia, tired after a sleepover, lost in her own investigations as she swung clutching a strawberry bear (which also smelled of strawberries) while Oskar chatted continuously. I love these little times with my Godchildren. Anna better after a hugely annoying sore throat marathon, and Anton cheery. Beautiful hot sun.

A much needed nap after this, and Lorriane and I went out in the evening for a bite to eat in the local restaurant, discussing my move. Each of the waiters coming up to Lorraine to chat. I feel curiously invisible there, and I'm not sure why.

Newsflash: turned on my computer at 11pm with no hope at all, but instead of beeping at me every second with a black screen for ten minutes actually started. It soon crashed again, citing a hard desk error. But this second time it seems to have stayed on for long enough for me to back up my key files, and start diagnostic checks. If it could last even a few more weeks this would be a massive boon.

Below a sleepy Kaudia, Oskar, and the blue sky of evening reflected in a car.



Comments