Photographs

Hard disk passed away in the night. A few words were said, followed by an arm-thrashing dance. (Typing this on old steam-driven laptop I'd given to Lorraine). Limbo-ish day. Rehearsed my lines for This Concert for some hours in the morning then followed Brian Eno’s advice: if in doubt, tidy up.

Spoke to Mum and Mas. Mum said she had been working on her heads. This summons several images and only after some time do large painted big cat heads come to mind.

In the afternoon I went to see Adrian and Di. Adrian showed me the shots he had taken. Miraculously, given there were minuscule amounts of light in the place, he has created some wonderfully evocative images for us. In one or two I don’t look too porcine, which is nice. Some lovely shots of Matt conducting and looking intense. Enjoyable chat with Adrian. Di saying that this month would bring abundance for a Chinese feng shui reason. I hope she's right.

Chastened by man mountain pictures, sped off to the gym for another sweaty session.

Mark arrived at five and I took some photos of him for the poster for Pack of 3 which needs to be supplied to the theatre pronto. Some excellent shots of him looking imperious and mad in a pirate hat. Will upload these when I am able.

Sloped off in the evening to Lorraine's place where we listened to a R4 programme featuring Alan Garner, the author of The Owl Service, and Elidor, The Weirdstone of Brisingamen and The Moon of Gomrath, all books I lapped up as a child.

An early night, to bed reading some poetry before snoozing. Read Robert Frost's The road not taken again. This is such a deceptively simple poem, but haunting because it deals with something unresolvable. For me the short story The Door in the Wall, by H.G.Wells is like this. I don't find it particularly well-written but the concept keeps returning to me. I've asked my new friend Catherine Pope to recommend a book for me on Wells.

Comments