Fly with a blue behind

Zooming through my 'to-do' list today, most of it focused on the children's sessions on Friday morning. This involved making a video of myself as a talking skull introducing the children's session, and collecting the booklets from the printer.

Slightly disappointed with the result, and some conversations with the printers afterwards. They are the simplest kind of booklet, staple bound in the middle, but when left to their own devices tend to spring open. Apparently they will settle down if I keep them in their boxes. Nevertheless I am pleased that I have managed to produce them so quickly, and the story works and will I hope be well received on the island -- if I can get them on the plane.

To the gym this afternoon. Need to get back into a tighter routine when I return from the gem of the sea as have found myself unaccountably hungry.

Popped over to Matt's place primarily to meet his sister Kris, who was as nice a Hull lass as you could wish to meet. As well as Matt and Wayne, Adam was there, the percussionist who played in our concerts last year, and who will also be on the CD. Tim and Guy and John were all there too. John has given up cigarettes, and has also given up booze as he can't not smoke if he's had a glass of wine. Wayne's father had brought around a load of early work by Wayne. Big canvases. Some of them very good.

Much chatting outside in the garden, sitting under the wheeling plough.

Comments