Oaks with Katie

Up early with an itchy sense of must get on with things. Marched back to my house from Lorraine's sat down at my desk and realised my glasses were at her house. What is it about having to retrace steps that is so appalling? Even if I realise I have left something at home just a few yards down the twitten, those backwards steps fill me with rage and loathing far beyond the actual inconvenience.

Worked on bits and pieces to do with This concert will fall in love with you, before being collected again by Lorraine and driven out into the wilds guided by the satnav, to where First Matie lives, in a village called Warnham. She has a lovely garden with a tree in it, and nearby was a big oak, which the wind was sounding through. (My new obsession.)

Off to the sturdily named The Sussex Oak for Sunday Lunch. Decided to sit outside in the beer garden, but it instantly began raining on the parched land and we returned inside. Kate on good form and cheerful, which was lovely to see. It had been far too long since I saw her. Lots of catching up and some good gossip over a nice traditional roast beef meal with Yorkshire pudding and loads of veggies, horse radish sauce and English mustard.

Lorraine drove me home, and went back to her house to do loads of sorting out to do with Betty going to college, and work stuff which she was doing intermittently all day, including an online coaching session this morning.

I felt rather flat, despite playing with the cat and watching football and writing lists of the many things I have to do. Before I went to bed looked at the computer, and there was a note from an ex-colleague with a lead for more work, as well as an Amazon order for A Guernsey Double. All well.

Comments