Pots and pottering

Up to make final amends to Defenders of Guernsey. I find the business of making these amends very stressful. The aim is perfection, but I cannot attain it in the timescale I inflicted on myself. I worked at the Architect's Journal as a sub-editor for a month, and even when copy has been seen by a writer, a team of sub-editors, and the magazine's Editor howlers still snuck through.

Then off to the Diva show again where in a Frazieresque way I bought two small but exquisite pots by Jutka Fisher. Lorraine buying pots too. I blame my recent enthusiasm for pots and ceramics on Janet (who has long had one of Jutka's jugs on her fireplace which I have long admired). For years I have preferred paintings and photography and flat images. These days I find myself equally drawn to pots. Anyhow, Janet cheerily said that over 200 people went to her open house last year, and they were on course for doing better today.

A low key afternoon. A bout of Sainsbury's shopping and then I did a couple of hours work in the afternoon for my French clients. Lorraine happily planting flowers in one of my windowboxes, and putting a joint in the oven while I struggled with the brief-free Franglais I'd been sent.

Bitter wormwood...Manchester United beat Chelsea today, which means United win the league this year and not Chelsea. A few text gloats from Anton including telling me that there would be a documentary about Guernsey on BBC 2 at 10pm tonight. Of course this is the time for Match of the Day. Gah.

Below my two new Jutka Fisher pots.

Comments