Taking stock

First day back from Guernsey, and plenty to be getting on with. I am having a major re-think of my cyber presence... As there is too much and it's all too complicated. I spent most of the day and night sorting these out. Typically my weight peaked in Guernsey when there were cameras and people looking at me, so I am now back on a much more rigourous diet.

Mostly however I think a few days where Richard and I managed a BBC radio appearance and three poetry readings. It was excellent to work with Richard as usual. It it's good to approach these things with a friend whose work you admire.

Additionally I did my two Skelton Yawngrave sessions, a poetry cafe reading and some protracted networking and with the best part of 160 Skelton Yawngrave stories now in the island's schools. Thanks to the Guernsey Literary Festival I arrive home full of a revived interest in poetry, in Mervyn Peake, in the poetry of Caroline Carver, the singing of Olivia Chaney and much much more.

On the Brighton front had a chat with Betty and we are going to reschedule to next play, which is a sensible move as it is only a few weeks away and we are badly behind on our planning.

Otherwise kept myself to myself and, purposefully, got on with things. In the evening I started writing a poem about the wind in the trees. Climbed into bed at 11:30 and read a few poems before sleep. I opened the Mervyn Peake book at random, and the first poem was about the wind in the trees. Interesting.

Comments