Lost in cyberspace

Another day rationalising my sites and blogs, and dealing with those 'with whom I am in correspondence'. This blog will be unchanged, though I will filter more of the writing stuff into my other blog renamed peter kenny: the notebook. This kind of cyber faffing is a thief of time, as my sites and so on are a bit of a rabble.

Also happily tinkering with a poem about the wind. (NB not the gastric sort.)

Wrote to Catriona and Tony in Guernsey with supportive notes about the festival. Spoke to La Duchesse Jane who told me some of the toe-curling details of the final Festival party, which went badly wrong and everyone in a huff. And spoke to Matt, busy cat herding musicians for our rehearsals, and to Anton who invited me up tomorrow evening.

Otherwise a trip to the gym to enliven matters. And later popped into the pub to hang with the musos. Principally Steve, Glen, Richard G, and Adam. Got involved in a bit of an incident, as a retired man who had been attending a union conference, began speaking to me aimably enough. Gradually he started ranting about politics, and getting spitty, agressive and jabby with his fingers. I told him to stop, perhaps rather forcibly. He did. We parted on good terms. Surprised some of my compadres. I lose my temper so rarely people are amazed when I do. The rest of the night talking about things like the virtues of the composer Moondog and so on.

Comments