Preponderance of the small

Insomnia again. Woke up at two, suddenly wide awake and full of unfounded panic. When this abated, my brain booted up, forcing me eventually to get up and list the things merry-go-rounding in my wide awake head. This helped and I had another hour's sleep.

Lorraine brought me a tea, and blearily shopped before returning home. I clunked poor Calliope's head as I opened my front door, but she seemed none the worse for it. A day of small jobs: hard to work through a veil of tiredness. I had a haircut, luckily the walrus-faced barber wasn't there, and I was quite pleased with the result. Otherwise a day of throwing pebbles into an unplinking pool.

Reading an interesting book Anton lent me this evening: Atlas of Remote Islands, by Judith Schalansky. Beautifully designed book which perhaps hints at the future of books versus electronic books. As highly crafted objects of beauty. As a bonus the content rather nice too, the histories of remote islands as interpreted by someone born behind the Berlin wall.

Comments