A breakthrough

Another day anxiously rushing about in the morning, sending invoices, and a last minute entry to a poetry competition, and working through a list of things to do to help me feel in control again. Today I filed away all my bills, and utility correspondence, bank statements etc. for the last few months. Quite pleased to do this as I noticed one of the bills I thought I had been paid, hadn't been and was in fact a 'solicitor's letter'. Was able to pay this before the water was cut off to my house.

Then an extraordinary thing happened. I had an image for a poem in my head and sat down and biffed it out in one go. It is very different and I looked at it afterwards in a kind of wonder. It is a Peter Kenny poem but a very different sort of Peter Kenny poem. It is called Autobiography of a Hermit Crab.

Mum arrived this afternoon bearing jaguar masks. Lots of chats and cups of tea, and at five we drifted down to The Basketmakers where we met Matt, bearing an envelope with the sheet music for our three choral pieces. Matt cut the last line of the piece we have just completed, Adam, and this was a huge improvement. Very cool to see all the music manuscripts for these three pieces. Mum having a good time, sipping wine and telling Matt what Ronnie Scott's was like in the 60s.

Then Mum and I back to my place, eating fish and chips and drinking tea. Lorraine arrived late and in need of a glass of wine, having been out with her girlfriends.

Comments