Earworms and Queen Victoria

Some French work this morning, writing about the joys of hepcat music concerts in Southern France. Anton tormenting today. Trying to get me to download a audiobook by Terry Pratchett called Pyramids, I eventually relented. Also the previous night he had played me a psychobilly version of the Joe 90 children's show, which has been an infuriating earworm all day and I have been wandering about singing it.

Fiddling about with my personal site and my other blog which is now called peter kenny the notebook and is going to be 100 times better as a repository of all my adventures in writing.

Off in the late afternoon to meet Catherine Pope for a beer in the basketmakers. Really interesting chat with her. We were soon joined by Matt and had an enjoyable few beers which were definitely not in my plans for a leaner skinnier Peter Kenny. Catherine is steadily republishing out-of-print Victorian novels. She is a Victorianist, and an all round very nice and interesting person. But she was not above telling me that Queen Victoria was a bit of a goer, and wrote a colourful (but subsequently suppressed) entry the day after her wedding night, saying how much she had enjoyed the experience and what a stallion Albert was.

After a while Lorraine joined Matt and I who and we went for another less than dieting curry in our usual place, which was nevertheless rather fun. Found myself ranting about The GuernseyLiterary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society, which is a clear signifier of having taken too much drink. Lorraine led me home and an early night was on the cards.

Comments