No trial

Calliope now in her summer cycle and woke me by delicately inserting a claw into the back of my hand at 6:30. After some catwrangling, started work at 8.00am on the Defenders of Guernsey story leaving Lorraine to snooze.

Worked through till 5.00pm, pausing only to listen to various garbled news accounts of the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Surely I can't be the only person who thinks that a trial would have been nice. There must be a better demonstration of the virtues of democracy and justice than a bullet in the head and being dumped in the sea. I'm sure conspiracy theories are already multiplying like mould in a petri dish.

Defenders of Guernsey hours from completion. Now seeking someone to read it.

At five down to The Basketmakers to meet Lorraine, Beth, Mark and Sam. Lorraine with bargain trousers from shopping. Mark and Betty off to do work in various directions, Sam came with us to the curry house for an early meal before I returned home prompted by an email from Richard sternly reminding me of my duties as a blogger.

Comments