Spaniel's teeth

The Tempur mattress in Lorraine's bed is marvellous. Best night sleep for at least a week. Had a cheery breakfast with Pat and Maureen, who gave me a cactus before I went home.

At 4:30 I went off to The Basketmakers pausing in the Twitten to pat the head of a spaniel owned by Ronnie, one of my neighbours. The dog was audibly chattering its teeth, and when I smoothed its head the chattering got worse. Ronnie said it does it out excitement.

Basketmakers very busy. There to meet Matt of course, who is over his temporary enthusiasm bypass, and is now full of purpose and biffing on with things, many of which we discussed at length, until interrupted by Tom one of the locals who, being Irish, is putting on a night called Tomfoolery on St.Patrick's day. Lorraine, meanwhile, singing for several hours this afternoon with the Hullaballoo choir, in a church hall very near the Basketmakers. She collected me after soothing her mellifluous pipes with a pint and, with some regret on my part, we left the pub.

In the evening off to Donatellos Itallian restaurant which was so noisy that you could barely hear the person sitting next to you even if they were bellowing. Here we met Jess whose birthday it had been that week, and her partner Andrew and I met Sandra and Karen their pals. Enjoyed the company but the restaurant sucked.

Home, and Lorraine asleep the instant she hit the gold sofa, so I had time to watch a little footie before bedtime.

Comments