Down time and two dates

A slightly slow start to today, after last night's liveliness. Had to do some work for my French clients in the morning and then, after another futile attempt to get my old agency to pay me, applied myself to some loafing and idling. General cheeriness about how the play went last night.

News about the literary festival in Guernsey. I shall be leading a session on writing for children in a large tent erected in the town square. There is a school party of 60 booked on it I am told that the children 'have complex needs both physical and mental'. Again I'll be out of my comfort zone but I am quite looking forward to this. I also have a secret weapon in my glamorous assistant Lorraine. Not at all worried by the fact it is happening on Friday 13th of May. No sir. Not me.

Also Matt sent me the date of 2nd July which is our recording date for This concert will fall in love with you. We will be doing this in the evening. Matt has decided we record it in St Michael and All Angels as the quality of the sound was so good there. Weather is going to be a factor, and if it is really windy, for example, this could affect the recording or lend it a certain atmosphere. I can't wait for this to be in the bag so people can hear how beautiful it is.

Spoke to Lorraine this evening. Who apart from having to cope with the luvvie fest is having an incredibly busy work week. Her uncle Steve was taken ill on Tuesday with what appears to have been some sort of thrombotic event, however he is out of hospital.

Comments