Between a rock and a nice place

Strolled back to my house this morning, feeling happy in the cool morning sunshine. Finished some of the French work early. Then onto the Guernsey Skelly short story, which is going well. It will come in at about eight thousand words I think. But the plotting is mostly done, and weaves in two Guernsey legends.

Raised voices coming from outside my neighbour's house and I went out to investigate. A mad man had decided to squat on Jen's front step, and when she asked him to push off, he started shouting and abusing her. Jen had slammed the door and called the police. The gentleman, clearly not well, armed himself with a large rock and began berating me. I was very calm, and said nothing inflammatory, and eventually he cast the rock down heavily and shambled off down the Twitten. Jen rather shaken by all this aggro literally arriving at her front door, and we had a chat afterwards, till she was feeling a bit better. A little later some police called by and talked to her. Slightly put off course by this myself for a bit, but after a steadying cup of tea slipped back into the world of Skelly.

Met Matt this afternoon, and we repaired to the Batty, where we had a comprehensive costings meeting for the recording of our CD in July. It will prove an expensive business, but I figure the stars may never align in this way again, I am going to damn the torpedoes and go for it. It will also involve a CD launch concert in September.

Business concluded, we repaired to the Basketmakers, where we got into various conversations with the locals. Richard Gibson came too, and discussed his project of the Shakespearean sonnets set to music, which are quite lovely. He asked me to think of a name for the project and advise on their marketing.

Then to Lorraine's where L, Beth and I sloped off to our usual curry house. Lots of chatting and good fun. And then to bed, in rather loquacious form. Despite the occasional interjection of wild maniacs, my life is in a lovely place at the moment. And my old agency actually paid me today too - after a mere two months of badgering.

Comments