Fast forward

Unable to find the fast forward button. Work dragged interminably and I was longing to be at home. This unlike me. The Van Gogh-alike creative director returned from a two day absence. He is good at his job. But this experience has confirmed, if any confirmation was necessary, that I have to be my own boss or work collaboratively.

When six o'clock came around at last, and I bolted from Glamoursmith as if pursued by enraged pitbulls. Elated on the train, as I have only one more day in Glamoursmith (Monday), and then I am going to focus on PK stuff. Plus the French client coughed up what they owed me, which made me feel that some celestial log jam may at last be freeing itself.

Richard and Jane are getting married on the 15th April, and so Lorraine and I are going to zoom over to Guernsey for a few days of spring niceness and a celebration. I'm really looking forward to it.

Home and Lorraine was at my house, having worked there this afternoon while Alf the plumber did his business. Boiler working again. And there is blessed heat in my house! Lorraine had also tidied and done some washing up too, and mopped up a slight flood caused by a tap dripping in a plugged sink. Then out with Lorraine. Snapping into a few poppadoms, and sipping a crisp Cobra lager suddenly all was very right with the world.

Back to Lorraine's for a bit of banter with Beth and Mark and Kayleigh before boofing happily into blessed bed.

Comments