Roadrunners

Thanks to another sleeping pill aided night, a good night's sleep. My mood swung around 180 degrees too. Lorraine off with Beth to London today, and I sloped home and went to the gym, where I did a mild mannered workout. I am much improved and have concluded my strange nightmares, gasping for breath etc were a result of exhaustion caused by insomnia as my nights have thankfully suddenly reverted to normalcy.

Generally got my head sorted out this afternoon, which was not before time, and felt much cheered come this evening. Lorraine and I went off to a local pub where we met Dawn, and some of Dawn's pals for a fun evening listening to a band called the Roadrunners. Very competent musicians with a good saxophonist called Mick, who Lorraine and Dawn knew well, and a general Little Feet type swing to them, which dragged some women up to dance. Although tempted I didn't join in as I would have looked like a big chump. Matt turned up too, which was nice. He'd spent five hours recording songs with The Rainbow Chorus, with Steve the engineer who will record our music too later in the year. Apparently the choir have not sounded so good ever, and Steve is a really good engineer, which bodes well for us.

Had a good laugh with lots of ladies and my lovely Lorraine. All good fun, and a consciousness that I am surrounded by friends in a great little town where even the bands that play in pubs are extremely talented. All well.

Comments