Blue Anchors

Up to London today to work with Keith on bipolararity. Sitting about much of the day trying to get my head around manic depression, and reading testimonials from people with the condition. Making me think of Mark an old University friend who died in a motorcycle accent, who in retrospect must have had this condition. Had lunch at The Blue Anchor, an old haunt by the river where I had bits of salad and some nice thai style salmon fishcakes and generally caught up with agency gossip with Keith. At one moment thought about Mark as a Blue Anchor too, a catch of sadness somewhere deep inside when I thought about him.

Nice few chats with people before leaving at a very reasonable hour to get home. Listening to The Lord of the Rings again as an audiobook, which Anton is doing too. Even though I have read that book dozens of times, I still find new bits of description in it that have never registered before. Journeys today all without incident, which was unusual and nice.

Otherwise still watching with horror the situation in Japan. Having been to the country, and knowing people there makes me feel more keenly what an awful thing it is.

Comments